HAVE YOU GOT NIMBLE FINGERS?

HAVE YOU GOT NIMBLE FINGERS?
I have plenty of crafting goodies to keep them nimble!

About Me

Hi everyone! My name's Polly Brodie.
Welcome to my Nimble Fingers blogspot!!
Nimble Fingers is my shop, which is situated in the Toll Clock Shopping Centre, Lerwick, in the beautiful Shetland Isles.
I sell all sorts of colourful, tempting and 'just can't live without' supplies for quilting, scrapbooking and cardmaking.
Nimble Fingers is an open, well-lit shop, brimming with colour and bursting with choice! I'll be adding photos, news and details of classes being held right here in the shop, so please keep popping by!

JUST CLICK ON 'LABELS' AT TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER FOR QUICK SEARCH RESULTS. POSTS FOR CHOSEN LABEL WILL APPEAR BELOW SHOP ADDRESS DETAILS.

Shop Address and Details:
Nimble Fingers
Toll Clock Shopping Centre
Lerwick
Shetland
ZE1 0PE
Tel no. 01595 694343
Email Us

Thursday 3 November 2011

Hi again folks, here are some photos from a class we had in the shop learning to make ruched roses from ribbons. The ladies produced some lovely roses using different weights of ribbons.


The photos below are from a social evening I hosted at Islesburgh Community Centre. Two ladies from the "Shetland to Romania Project" gave an illuminating talk about their trip and highlighted some of the problems the orphans face and what a change their trip had made to the lives of these amazing children. It was quite moving.




There
was also a quiz and a raffle.
Tony our Quiz
Master above is smiling because he knew all the answers!!!



Ladies from the winning team. Check out those smiles!!!

I was really disappointed we ran out of time for the "show and tell" as the ladies had brought some truly wonderful projects for us to see.
I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and I hope the ladies who came did too.

This is me relaxing with a cuppa at home afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment